Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Agree!!

Okay, I finally watched "Slum-Dog Millionaire" and "The Wrestler" and they were fantastic!!! It makes absolute sense that Slum-Dog Millionaire cleaned up at the golden globes and that The Wrestler earned Mickey Rourke with best actor.

The story of "Slum-Dog Millionaire" is gripping, touching and spirited; and the way it was shot, the camera angles, the way the shots were framed and the colour was absolutely fantastic!! I couldn't pull my eyes away. When I first heard the premise I must admit I didn't think much of it... A contestant on India's version of "Who wants to be a millionaire" didn't sound very interesting to me. The show part of the movie made for an excellent and original device to tell us the lead characters life over a broad time frame. "Thumbs-up to "Slumdog Millionaire"! Briliant!

Mickey Rourke portrayed Randy (The Ram), a wrestler who's past it and struggling to find his place now. His fear of being alone spurs on the best of intentions but alas he is eternally flawed and destined to be a tragic character. You can't help but feel sympathetic towards his character and his failures break your heart.

So, now my friend Dan can be happy. He's been driving me nuts trying to get me to watch these movies. Well he was right, they were awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you've convinced me. Plus I just went and checked the trailer for Slum-dog...I'm going to watch it as soon as I can.

    I'll pass on the Wrestler though. Mickey Rourke does absolutely nothing for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool but I'm glad that I've swayed you on Slum-dog. I think that you will really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete