Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No way to work

Okay, so this bus strike is finally starting to get to me. I just had an unplanned vacation over the Christmas holidays. My only ride was going on vacation so therefore so was I. That was kind of fun but scarcely affordable and now, my first week back to work, she is staying home again and therefore again, so am I. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all angry with my ride... My getting to work shouldn't be her problem to begin with. As this bus strike continues though, and the OC Transpo Union leader and our major continue their pissing contest I would just like to point out that the little people like myself, who only clear $1200 to $1300 per month anyway, are struggling to survive. Since this bus strike started I've lost approximately $790 worth of work spread out over just December and January so far! So no, I really don't care about a 3.8% raise or 8 extra sick days and free choice of scheduling for our drivers here in Ottawa. I care about if my bills get paid and how I'm gonna eat when my groceries run out. This is the reality behind our public transportation strike.

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, congrats on your new blog. And yeah, this bus strike is a pain in the ass.

    ReplyDelete